Friday 17 November 2017

How I made carrot oil...

Hiya Messycurlies!


I made my carrot oil yesterday.
Carrots are not only good for eyes but helps to strengthen hair and grow it.

Now anytime I write a post I do my research. Last year I made my homemade amla oil and I used a bit of curry leaves too. It didn't come  from nowhere- it's from researching and testing then coming to a conclusion of yay or nay...


So the benefits of carrot oil besides the beta- carotene-

They rich in antioxidants and nutrients
Contain a multitude of vitamins
Moisturises  skin and hair
Stimulates hair growth and lots more...

What I did:
I used two carrots but ended up using one carrot which you will see in the video.
I washed, peeled then grated the carrots.
On the lowest heat setting (which is one)
I placed the carrots.
I used peanut oil because it's what I had on hand. Use any oil that you have eg. Olive, almond, grapeseed, avocado etc.
I poured the oil to cover the carrots.
Leave on for 5 to 10 minutes.
Afterwards when it cooled  I poured the oil and carrots in a glass jar.

I will store it away for 2 weeks cos I want all of the nutrients of the carrots to properly infuse with the oil.

Take a look at the video and see how easy it is make.


Tada! Done. I will add one or two of my favourite essential oils and use for my face and hair.
Did you know that carrot oil reduces fine lines, wrinkles and age spots?
Uhm- gal you gotta try this!

Side note* make sure the carrots are 100% dry before making the oil to have a longer shelf life.

Check you later curlies and remember to
Keep the Magic
Xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Let's get picture ready!

What's up Magicals!         Last month I purchased an Essence  concealer at Dischem , they were having a sale, and you guys know ...